Sunday Post-Game: No Place Like Home.

Greetings friends, and welcome to another post-game blog. This one comes from the usual antics that will come and go on Sunday mornings. Let's check it out!


Where: Usually a no brainer, but this week I was speaking back home at First Presbyterian Church in Murrysville.
I was speaking in relief of my pastor and good friend Chuck, who suffered a heart attack a few months ago, and the subsequent surgeries that followed. I believe I was also speaking in relief of his wife, who I imagine is having a difficult time keeping him in bed...

Scriptures: Genesis 3, Revelation 22, Isaiah 9:6

Summary: This was actually a sermon I preached a little while ago. I used ribbon instead of Christmas lights, which seemed to be a way to avoid any technical difficulties. I was wrong.
The day began of course with a trip to Dunkin Donuts, to score some of the most delicious coffee on the planet:
First Presby does two services, a more laid back traditional affair at 8:30, and then the full blown traditional service at 11. It was fun to catch up with old friends and see how well the church is doing these days. They really seem to have a strong CE program going, which is what the doctor ordered there. I spoke at the first service without incident, and then made my way over to speak at the second service. I couldn't believe my ears when I discovered that the microphone was broken at this service as well. The moral of the story: I'm never preaching this sermon again.

Question: What would it mean for you to give some part of your past that's difficult to let go of to Christ? What kind of steps would you have to take to do that?

0 comments: