Sunday Post-Game: Everything worked?

Can't believe it. Simply can't believe it. We went through a whole Bridge worship service without a single technical malfunction. Actually, I heard that happened last week while I was away too. That's a two-fer. This of course means that when we do Christmas Eve worship on Wednesday, we'll be looking at a failure of epic proportions!
Where: The Bridge, WROC, 9:45.
Today I preached and helped Ed out by playing a little piano. I like to tickle the keys every now and again, but of course I need a little help. Today I attached a guitar effects processor to the piano to play with some delay and flanger. This is an older picture, but you'd get the idea:
(Mad Scientist)
Scriptures: Isaiah 9:6-7, Micah 6:8, Matthew 5:9
I actually felt pretty good about the sermon today. Got a couple of affirming e-mails about it too (this happens so rarely that I thought I should post about it). I spoke about Jesus being the Prince of Peace. For the most part, the key sentence to the whole sermon was "True peace is not simply the absence of conflict but the presence of Justice". Sound familiar?
That's right sports fans. I stole the sermon illustration from Air Force One.
(No Photoshop Game At All)
Question: Is there a situation in your life in which you are not at peace? What would be the first step towards bringing peace to that situation? 
There may be more tonight. Beware!

0 comments: