Sunday Post-Game: Lent week one.

See this? A piece very much like this is required to get the signal from my laptop to the projector in the WROC. About 20 minutes before the Bridge was to start, it became clear that we could not find this piece of plastic.
You get the picture. 
Huge props go to Dave Debor, fellow MAC enthusist, who brought me his adapter. At which point, all of our tech issues from the day had passed!
So happy!
For the first time in what feels like a long while, Jim was able to give me a theme early enough in the week that I could shape the set list around it. And I think it worked out beautifully!
  • Sing to the King
  • Here is Our King
  • O Praise Him (All this for a King)
  • Wholly Yours (An awesome version with me Ed (banjo) and Elise)
  • Saviour King
Christ the King
The whole set went really well, but in particular I lost myself in the midst of Here is Our King and O Praise Him. It was just one of those moments that felt so right. It was an awesome day of worship. Plus we got a new microphone for Jim. We had been calling these microphones Britney Spear's mics:
It has occurred to us that this might be too girly a name for the mic used primarily by me, Jim, and Ed. So the new mic shall hence forth and forever more be referred to as the Garth Brooks mic. 
(Rock)
All in all it was a great Sunday. Only problem now is that I am up for preaching on Sunday, and I have no idea what to talk about. Any suggestions?
Godspeed,
Jason

0 comments: