Sunday Post-Game: Retreating.

(It's been a while. Hit us with the nap time Matzaball!)
Greetings friends,
I am sitting on my couch. We have just come back from a weekend of ski retreating. It was such a good time. Here's the recap:
We had every intention of leaving on the bus at 5:30. By 5:40, we were very concerned that the bus had not yet arrived. At 5:50, the bus had arrived, and after some equipment loading we hit the road at 6. Half an hour behind schedule isn't all that bad, right? 
We hit the worst traffic I've ever seen. We sat on the Blvd of Allies for over an hour. It was past 7:00, and we weren't even out of Pittsburgh. I was trailing the bus in my jeep, and I beat them to camp at 9:30 PM. Gross.
Rob Conte beat everybody there. He gave me a ShamWow. I promise you a post in the extremely near future, because I would really like to see if the Shamwow can do this:
(You'll be sayin wow every time)
I kept the Shamwow on stage with me, and proudly displayed it to the crowd every set. The kids ate it up. They screamed every time the mighty power of the Shamwow joined us on the stage. Also in my bag of tricks to get the crowd active and jumping: 
(Keytar)
Granted, mine is now held together with duct tape, but still...
Worship was actually really great. In the spectrum of worship, I was definitely a bit campy this weekend, but they responded to that. They also really responded to the deep and contemplative stuff. It was a really good time of leading worship. Tons of fun.
A lot of people think I'm crazy. Perhaps it will ultimately end in dudes in white pulling me toward the padded van in my chonies. But I have to say, I absolutely love being a youth pastor. I absolutely love going away for a weekend with a great group of kids. I absolutely love seeing God move in their lives. I love what I do, even if it comes with a little bit of bumps and bruises. 


Do it.
Godspeed,

Jason 

0 comments: