Woooooooooooooooo

 
Hello friends.
I have to admit, I was skeptical. I was exceptionally nervous coming into tonight, assuming that it would be a 1 goal game, two if there was a pulled goalie. God help us all if the game went into overtime, my heart wouldn't have been able to take it. But then it happened. 
 
(Note: That's transmission fluid. If you're first thought was blood, know that that was the intended metaphor, only no one had to die to produce this photograph.)
6-2. Are you kidding me? At one point this game was 5-0!!!!!!!! Unreal. Everybody says bring on the 'Canes, but after surviving this series, and winning the way we did tonight, I say bring em all on. We can handle it. Bring it!
 
Lately, I've felt like a little bit of an injured athlete. Not one of those "I tweaked my pinky finger" injuries either. Something a bit more like this:
Tonight was my first time back at Veritas in three weeks. Three weeks folks! That's entirely too long to be away from my passion. The problem has been the illness, sure. But even the couple of times I've poked my head in the church over the last few weeks, it's been a distraction. Not that it's bad, it's just that I've spent my time focused on things other than youth ministry. I have preached up at the 8:30 service two weeks in a row, with a brief stop at the 11:00 two weeks ago. Again, I love preaching up there, but it was a distraction from youth ministry. I was working on the end of confirmation stuff, which again is fun and part of what I do, but not really youth ministry. It was time to get my head on straight.
 
So tonight was good. We started up the Student Leadership Interviews today, and they've been going pretty good so far. The unfortunate part is that 13 kids have applied, and we're only opening 7 slots this year, so we're going to have some tough decisions to make in the coming days. But for now, I took great comfort in hearing the kids describe what Veritas meant to them. In their answers, it really indicated that the kind of vision and dream we had for Veritas is starting to take on flesh and blood and move into the neighborhood. It was just a nice way to hop in and get my feet wet with the job I am so desperately in love with!
And the best part is that I'm not done yet!
More to come.
Godspeed,
Jason

0 comments: