Today


 
Good morning everybody!
I've been up since 7:30 this morning, but at 8:10 I've already been a productive little bee.
  • As I woke up, I leaned over and kissed my beautiful wife on the forehead (I appologize for the graphic nature of this blog)
  • I crawled my way into our tiny little bathroom, and took care of what needs to be taken care of when dealing with a fully functional digestive system. 
  • I came downstairs, ground some Dunkin Donuts coffee beans, and made about two cups of coffee for myself. I've been ill the last couple of days, so my stomach was in no mood for coffee. Thank God that's over!
  • I then opened up my laptop, and continued to find interested free apps for my iPhone. I'm up to five pages of apps already. So far my favorite app is one called Papijump. If you have an iPhone or an iPod touch, get this game! Just be warned that it is highly habit forming.
  • I opened up my e-mails, and deleted any that were trying to sell me something. The absence of e-mails after that made me a little sad. 
  • I then opened up my summer project. I'm working on a book about leading youth in worship, since I am both a youth pastor and a worship leader, I figure I may have a thing or two to say on the subject. I've tried to write books before, but the little avail. I'll have more on this later.
As I gaze back over that list, a thought occurs to me on this day of all days. How many items on that list would not be possible if it weren't for the men and women who fought to protect our freedom? Typically, I'm fairly anti-war. I really disagreed with the Iraq war from start to finish. But today is much bigger than the war itself. Today is about the people who are so willing to offer themselves to us as Americans. People who stand up and say "I'll go where no one else is willing to go." People who will stand for absolutely nothing less than our total freedom.
 
For some reason, it seems like this year we are focusing more on that than we are on cook outs and hamburgers. I hope so anyway. If you are a veteran, please accept my most heartfelt thanks. Our lives simply wouldn't be the same without you, and we are forever in your debt. May we never forget what you've done.
Godspeed,
Jason

0 comments: