A Creative Tsunami!

Hello friends!
I find myself in a really odd place today. I have a lot of things that I need to be creative with (that isn't so odd, actually pretty downright normal). Usually at this point in the week I'm running around the office with the tennis ball in hand, bouncing and brainstorming all at the same time trying to get some ideas out and on to paper. It can sometimes be a dry and painful process. Nothing comes for hours or even days at a time. Typically I work my way out of such slumps with about ten minutes to spare, but everything before that is a bit nerve racking.

But this week, I seem to be in a different place, in that I have so many ideas on my mind, and not enough outlets for the ideas. I'm preaching this Sunday, and I have about 5 different directions I could take the sermon, and each sound pretty awesome in my head. I'm working on some writing for the church newsletter, a couple video ideas, some songwriting, and even some ideas for a book that's popped into my head. I feel like I'm going under a creative tsunami!

At first, this would appear to be a great thing, but it's hard! It's hard to pick just one or two of these ideas and brainstorms and commit to them. I wish I could take a week or so and just get away to write it all out, so that I'll have it when it comes again. But alas, this is not possible. I just hope that I can get as much on paper as possible without going completely insane!

What do you do if this situation ever strikes you? Are there helpful hints I should be working through?

Godspeed,

Jason


0 comments: