The Day of Jubilee

(This woman's picture was among the first to come up when I Googled "Day of Jubilee." I do believe she has earned the right to be here today...)

Hello friends.
Ever have a good day? Not in the sense that like you avoided hardships like going to the dentist or paying bills or whatever, but in the sense that everything clicked and really worked out for you?

Well that was yesterday!

We did our annual thanksgiving scavenger hunt last night, or at least the first part of it. If you've read this blog for any length of time at all, you know I don't often get caught up in numbers. But last night as we were looking around getting ready to disperse the kids with their drivers, we discovered that there were 52 students in our youth room.

52.

That's a lot.

Particularly when you only planned enough drivers to cover you for your typical 40 or so kids.

During the event, the planning of who would go in what car, and driving around, the wanting to kill middle school students for goofing around in the streets, and the nearly getting your wish as said middle schoolers jump out in front of moving traffic, I was a little bit stressed out. I even noticed this morning that I labeled our worship set list "aaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh".

But as it ended, we heard mutterings. We heard stuff like "That was really fun!" and "I'm going to invite my friends next week!", and the more important (to me anyway) "Do you really think we'll get enough food for these guys?" (We're collecting food and other items for South Hills Interfaith Ministries and other groups).

Lots of good stuff happened last night. And so I declared today to be a day of jubilee. This is really almost no different than a normal work day for us, but it's critical every now and again to celebrate your successes. Where are things going well? Where are you really succeeding? If you have a good night, celebrate! If you get a chance, take a moment to celebrate the good stuff in your life.

It's a day of jubilee. Celebrate with me!

Godspeed,

Jason


0 comments: