Notebook: Catacombs


One of the things I've found most helpful in my carreer in youth ministry is when people share experiences, both good and bad. So, after big events (particularly big events with tons of mistakes), I'll be posting a "notebook".

-Catacombs (for those of you who don't know) is an exceptionally complicated game of hide and seek. We were psychotic enough to decide that we would need a whole night dedicated to the sport. Kind of like Dave Attell's Insomniac on speed.


-My assitant Ed (you will likely hear a lot about him) and I decided it would be wise to chug "Full Throttles"
 

This in turn made us both feel a bit like this:


-The first round of the game went for an hour and 20 minutes. I am a wuss, so I stayed up stairs and prayed that the ghost of our church wouldn't bother me. 
-The second round included a volunteer who found a hiding spot in the boiler room, got comfortable, and promptly fell asleep.
-Our youth room now smells like the flu (The kind where you stay in bed, sweat all day, and puke a lot). We're not sure where the puke came from.


Question of the day: Are overnighters worth it? For as much as we had thirty kids in the church and an excuse to eat like we were in college again, we really didn't speak about Christ much in the evening. Thoughts?

0 comments: