It's a blog!

It seems entirely appropriate to give birth to this blog just 6 short hours before embarking on an all night game of catacombs in the church. Researchers tell me such an act has about as much common sense as the following video:


We've all been there. We've all spent nights sleeping in the couches in our offices. We've all driven the church van home on entirely too little sleep. We've all had that feeling in the pit of our stomach when we knew we were going to kill that child if he/she uttered one more word. Chances are we even knew where we were going to hide the body.




This blog is for us, the youth leaders. It is for those of us who would rather spend our Wednesday nights dressed up as a big dork



than actually have a life and contribute to society. It is for those of us who are in love with our kids almost as much as we are in love with Jesus Christ. It is for those of us who are addicted to one of the following items:





I can only make a few promises to you from the on set:
1) I will make many promises about how often I plan to post on the blog. At the moment, I would like to post at least once a day, if not more.
2) I will almost never keep the first promise.
3) I promise that this blog is based on the ministry I am running in Pittsburgh. This isn't some place for big ideas that have absolutely no basis in reality. This is about real life on the front lines.
4) I promise to try not to let the fact that I am in fact a Christian get in the way of me having fun or telling fart jokes.

The only thing I ask from you is tons of comments. This thing is all about community, and we need to band together to make that happen.

So to those of us on the journey, light up one of those cheap cigars. We just had a blog!



Godspeed,

Jason


0 comments: