The Office.

Today was the first day in a long time that I felt like I was officially back in the office. I even filled out a TPS report. (That's a lie)

But for real, today was a bit odd at times. We've been in and out on various trips and vacations and what have yous, and for a bit there I forgot what life was like in the office. No joke, a student just walked in to our office to sign up for our kickoff, and after she left I sat staring at the permission slip like this:

I couldn't remember what to do with it. Seriously I sat here with a dumb look on my face for no less than thirty seconds. Thank goodness I remembered I have a secretary who is way smarter than I am.

Beyond those momentary lapses of judgement, things are good. We seem to be rolling towards our kickoff, the plans for the new sound system FINALLY seem like they're running smoothly. We even played a couple of rounds of Mario Kart to warm up for the school year. Now, I'm about to take a quick trip to the hardware store to pick up the paint for tomorrow's work day in the youth wing, and then I'm going to watch a tv show or two in the office before a marathon night of meetings.

More to come!
Godspeed,

Jason


0 comments: