Anticipation

Hello from a very comfortable chair in my good friends Keith and Emily's living room. For the record, I'm fairly certain that Keith makes the finest pot of coffee on the planet earth, and so I will be drinking my fair share of caffeinated goodness throughout the writing of this blog post. Fair warning in case I get all Ashton Kutcher on you.

These last few days and weeks have absolutely been an in-between time. On the trivial side, I've been waiting with baited breath for the Steelers and Penguins seasons to get started this year. I've been so ready for it that I might actually watch all of next Thursday's pre-season game, even after they bench the starters. I tried for a healthy 10-15 minutes to support Pirate Baseball, but my desire to see a team get kicked around was not that high. Sorry guys, 18th time's a charm?

More importantly, we're just rounding out the inbetween time on our Veritas year. Last week was a rude awakening to how much we have to get done in the next two weeks. I think I will have more meetings this week than the whole summer combined. As a youth leader, I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I absolutely miss our kids. There are a bunch that come and hang out with us over the summer, and that's awesome, but nothing beats the fun of Wednesday nights. I love walking through the cafe and seeing everybody. Of course, if you're one of the Veritas kids, and you're reading this blog for some reason, don't forget about the kickoff on August 26th. Info at our website. It's going to be the bomb, I can assure you.

So this weekend I'm going to hang with Keith and Em and drink some delicious coffee. The whole point of this blog post is that I am soooo ready to start another year, and I have been for quite some time.

Let's kick the tires and light the fires.

Godspeed,

J


0 comments: