I've had an amazing week!

Greetings bloggers!

If you will forgive me for a moment, I'd like to be proud of myself right here on the internet. This week I followed through on some pretty radical life goals, and I'd just like to share about them.

  1. Calories. I started two weeks ago counting calories using a App on my iPhone. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week, which is a relatively healthy pace. Since then, I've been pretty consistently under calories. Truthfully, it wasn't even that hard. I just had to think a little bit more about what I was eating.
  2. Pounds. That said, I've lost 4 pounds in those two weeks. While I'm not interested in the numbers as much as I am interested in how I look and feel, I've got to say that feels nice.
  3. The Bike. I think this is the accomplishment that I'm most proud of. Since Sarah and I moved to our new house in February, I had been saying that I was going to ride my bike to work more often, like I used to in Murrysville. Last week I rode a couple of times, just to see how it went. Then this week, I decided to set a goal of riding my bike to work each and every day this week. With some motivation from my friends on Facebook, and a little help from mother nature, this morning I accomplished that goal!
Not that I want to say that I doubted myself, but I totally did. I didn't think I would stick to it. But here I am, and I'm sitting in victory! Not only that, but man do I feel good! My spirits are up a little bit more (not that they were down, but you know), I have a little bit more of a spring in my step, and I'm not as tired as I usually was.

Beyond even all of that, the healthy and the weight loss and all of that, but I have felt truly connected to God in this season. Riding my bike used to be one of my favorite things to do while I was a kid, and re-connecting with that this week has been amazing!

They say that three weeks is what it takes to truly form a habit, so we'll see what next week holds! And truthfully, a lot of what got me going through all this was the support of my twitter/facebook friends, so feel free to hop on and encourage me through this! Thanks you guys!

Grace and Peace,

Jason


0 comments: