Civil Politics

Last night I saw something awesome, and I thought I'd share it with you. I apologize for making this now two blog posts in a row about politics, so I promise my next one will be about youth ministry or dodgeball or something. But last night I was captivated by what I saw on the Rachel Maddow Show:


First of all, the background story is that Rachel Maddow is one of the most liberal commentators on the television, and Tom Ridge is, well, not. These two couldn't differ more in their opinions of their policies. But the whole interview can be found on Maddow's site, but I loved the tone and the civil nature of this debate. I've grown tired of people who have turned absolutely critical and serious debates into circus shows, and this was anything but that. And so my hat is off to Miss Maddow and Secretary Ridge. Way to have a serious discussion without making anyone look stupid.

That said, Youth Group tonight, so I'll be making TONS of people look stupid!

Godspeed,

J

0 comments: