Crowder Conference Part Zero: Travelog




Greetings friends and bloggers!

This week my good friend Curt Scott and I are journeying to Waco Texas to attend David Crowder's Fantastical Church Music Conference. As with all my conference adventures, I'll be chronicling our journeys here on the J-Blog.

We did not get off to a good start.

A couple of days ago, I began to get dizzy at random times throughout the day. Because my diet consists almost exclusively of diet coke and coffee, I figured I was just dehydrated and or tired. Unfortunately, it turns out that I am the victim of an inner ear infection. When I asked the doc about my travel plans, including what cabin pressure might do to an infected ear, she sighed and warned me that there was a sizable chance I might rupture my ear drum on the flight. Woooo!

So, loaded up on Sudafed, ear plugs, Advil, and chewing gum, I made my way to the airport for our 6:00 AM flight. As if anyone required any additional reasons to hate construction in Pittsburgh, I was stuck in a construction zone on the Parkway for a little too long, and so found myself standing at the ticket gate at 5:30.

To those of you who work in the service industry, a quick reminder. Your kindness is the difference between me calling you my hero and wanting to light you on fire. Yes, I understand that it is airline policy to not allow anyone to check in a half hour before the flight, but you don't have to be a hack (a great word for today, thanks Julie!) about it. After about 15 minutes of sheer hopelessness, we were given tickets to a later flight. The lady looked at us like we had three heads, as she was all but certain we would be staying in Pittsburgh today. God was (and still is) on our side.

I'm writing from the plane right now. So far there hasn't been any ear damage, and honesty there hasn't even been any discomfort from the pressure. This is itself a minor miracle, as I always experience a certain amount of ear discomfort on planes. Usually this happens at landing, so I'm still a bit nervous. I'll update and let you know how it goes.

(Update: made it through all our flights, no ear issues! Wooohooo!)

Perhaps this sounds silly, but I truly see Gods hand in all of this. Too many things that should have gone wrong have gone right. And I say again, if I'm going to be bold enough to ask God where he is when things are going wrong, I need to be humble enough to recognize when he's doing a good work in my life. Perhaps before this worship conference begins, vie been given a reason to worship...

More tonight,

Godspeed,

J

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Pleasant St,Waco,United States

0 comments: